Nothing lends itself to craving fresh salads and veggies like the beginning of spring. You're tired of all the heavy pasta dishes and roasts. While we are anticipating all the spring vegetables to fill our gardens and farmers market stands, this citrus and chicory salad is a nice stand in while we patiently wait.
Citrus & Chicory Salad
- Small head of radicchio
- Large shallot
- Mix of citrus, orange, blood orange, grapefruit
Light toast the walnuts by placing them on a rimmed sheet and put them in the oven at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Check occasionally so they don't get too brown. Set aside to cool.
Mise en place, prep your ingredients.
- Peel the citrus and slice about 1/4 inch thick.
- Thinly slice the shallots.
- Remove the leaves of the radicchio.
- When the walnuts have cooled roughly chop.
Put everything together in a large bowl, toss with your favorite citrus vinaigrette.
Pair with an Amity Vineyards Riesling and enjoy while you daydream of warmer temperatures. Cheers!